• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC vs Lightroom Classic CC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked and read what the difference is and understand that classic is desktop and the other has mobile device support.

What I am wondering is: why the Lightroom cc is an extra charge compared to are cc purchase we already have for everything? Why is Lightroom cc a separate / additional fee?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a subscriber to the Creative Cloud photography plan then you can install the new Lightroom CC without additional charge. The program is included in your subscription fee. With that fee you get 20 GB of cloud storage. Additional cloud storage can be purchased if you need it. Those who decide to subscribe to Lightroom CC only get 1 TB of cloud storage to begin with. Right now Lightroom CC does not have all the features that you may be accustomed to using in Lightroom Classic. My suggestion would be for you to install Lightroom CC and experiment with it for a while and decide how you want to integrate it into your workflow before you commit to switching over to it. There are a lot of questions. I still have a number of them and and not migrating my catalog to Lightroom CC. I still prefer Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the reason i ask is in the ACC drop-down from the menu bar - the apps listing shows open or install. yet the lightroom cc shows Start Trial.

I clicked it. now it says Buy Now.

But I have the full CC purchased.

What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine does the same thing. I have the full CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just a user like yourself. The only thing I can suggest is that perhaps you need to install an update to the Creative Cloud application manager. Lightroom CC is included in even the Creative Cloud photography plan. Those subscribers only have 20 GB of cloud storage included for that price, but the program is included in their subscription. Additional cloud storage can be purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information JimHess .

What I think you are saying is we should have access to it if we have the full CC plan?

But this is what I get: "Trial Expired"

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 9.42.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I'm saying. But if that's the top of your Creative Cloud Application Manager, I think you need to install an update to the application manager because that might be your problem. Here is what the top of my application manager looks like:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess

Jim, yes, I have the same thing you do. I was scrolled down to the LifghtRoom CC area.

I have Version 4.3.0.256

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do you use the Creative Cloud Application Manager to start your Adobe applications? Or, do you have desktop icons to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have icons I use in the Launchpad window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, you're on a Mac so I'm not going to be any help to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Shucks...

thanks for your time anyway Jim.  Appreciate it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to build on Jim's posts, can you try logging out and back in to your Adobe account and checking for updates?

Update CC.jpg

Logout.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, and the most odd thing happened.

As it was loading back up, installing the fonts from the fontkit, I clicked apps and Lightroom CC said up to date.

I was excited that it was fixed.  But as the CC notification came back and said you have 5 updates, I looked again, and the Lightroom CC now says trial expired, again.

So why for the first few seconds is it apart of my CC then the next it is not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it again, logging out and back, but I did not get the same results. Trial Expired.

Is it because the account is managed by a team? But the team has purchased the full cc account for everyone.

I am trying to assess that LightRoom CC is not in the full CC package and you have to buy it separately.

And if it is a part of the full package, why am i not having access to it?

And are there any features that the classic does not have that I need it or is it just because it is mobile and has the storage space. if they are basically the same other then that, I am not going to worry about.

This is taking me away from my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Just want to know if I should have access to it or not. and if so, why am I seeing the trial expired?

Though I am not on creative cloud for teams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you whsprague for your time trying got help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines