• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I export values from a pdf to excel

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have invoices I want to export to excel but I don't need the whole invoice.  I only need some values such as po number, invoice number and total.  Is that possible with an Adobe product?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryank,

No, this functionality isn't available with Acrobat. Either it would export the entire document or it wont. Some content of the document can't be exported to other format.

Page Extraction is one of the work around to separate the multiple page document,  that you can try under the "Organize Pages" feature of Acrobat. But that exactly not what you have referred above. Insert and organize pages in a PDF | 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be possible with a custom script. I’ve Done things like this for my customers. Your Chance of success depends on how the data is stored in the PDF file and where it is located. This is not a trivial project. If you feel comfortable with JavaScript in Acrobat, I can provide more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really new to this.  I was hoping for something easy that I could export the information from my daily invoices to excel so that I could work with them easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, this requires JavaScript programming, so it's definitely not as simple as just pulling down an Acrobat menu and selecting an option. If you are interested in a custom software solution, feel free to get in touch with me via email. My contact information can be found on my profile page (click on my name in blue above this comment).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you can do this with a VBA script in Excel using the IAC.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryank,

Here are two ways of doing it:

METHOD 1

Select the text with the Selection tool > Right-click within the selected text > Export Selection As...

Confirm the format is Excel and select a name and location.

It opens in Excel

METHOD 2:

Select with the Selection tool > Right-click within the selection > Copy with formatting.

Go into Excel and Paste

Do either of these work for you?

~Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an excellent manual technique! Us programmers are always trying to think up automated solutions.  And this is exactly the type of thing Karl and I do all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thom Parker

After I posted, I realized that we don't know if the values are fields or not. If they are indeed fields, the Submit button can export just selected fields, so the OP could ask for just the three.. Can that be scripted?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh yes, JavaScript provides options for exporting and submitting the data in several formats., with quite a bit of control over the details of the submit.  On Acrobat Pro you can also write a script to format the data any way you'd like and put it in to a file attachment of the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines