• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I find out if my issue is a corrupt file or my Photoshop installation?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a LARGE Photoshop comp. 18,000 x 10,000px at 16 bit with around 1300 layers, many smart objects, the occasional layer style, and tons of adjustment layers. It comes in at about 13GB on the hard drive. I have been developing it for about 2 months, and it's fairly well tuned. The only drawback is that it has some vector smart objects that ended up being linked instead of embedded, so it asks for them every time it opens (I no longer have the source documents). I don't need to edit them, so they are really not much of an issue.

I just built a new PC. Core i9 with 128GB RAM, Intel Optane boot drive, SSD scratch drive, and a 980Ti video card. It's pretty much the best I can afford for Photoshop work.

I also have a new 2017 Macbook Pro with 16GB RAM.

I open this Photoshop comp on both systems and it seems  to work great on the Mac, but it chokes on the new Windows system. All are using the newest Photoshop CC with latest updates. No plug-ins, and only a few scripts added on.

On the Windows box, it freezes the app. I cannot move windows, minimize the app, or access ANY of the UI items (menus, palettes, etc...) It just sits there. If I go to the task manager, I can right-click on Photoshop and end the task, but Photoshop doesn't quit. I can switch to other apps like my browser and use them just fine.

I don't think this isi an issue with my document, as it opens on the Mac (SLOWLY) with no issues. But other documents, as far as I can tell, on the Windows box open fine.

Is there a good way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been some issues with X299 boards and Adobe products.  You can have a hunt round for your particular main board, but this might help

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-hardware/WHEA-UNCORRECTABLE-ERROR-on-Gigabyte-x299-and-Sky...

While you are there, check out the Puget Systems benchmarks for Photoshop and i9X and Threadripper.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php

And these threads

Intel 7820x Core CPU (Turbo Boost) and Adobe Photoshop CC BSOD's

This says Threadripper, but goes into X299 as well

AMD Threadripper 1950x Slow Adobe Boot and Render

Please let us know how you get on.  This going to be of interest to a lot of people I'm thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really? Damn...

I have an Asus TUF X299 Mark 2 board. Part number 90MBOUBO-MOAAYO.

I am not getting BSOD errors. I do run the Turbo Boost thingy.

Note: I do not overclock at all. Stability is paramount. I wouldn't even know how to overclock.

Thanks

-------------S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines