Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

watercolor azeleas

Guru ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Doing a wedding program for a friend. looking to make them some watercolor azeleas ( included images below so you can see what they look like) in photoshop or illustrator. Any tips or techniques you can share would be appreciate it.

adobe illustrator is my strong program so if you have some advice in illustrator i would welcome that as well. i did not want to post the same thing twice in two boards.

Thanks

36787409.SatinRobeAGDSAT1.JPG

bloom-a-thon_red_azalea-2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

You could use a Photoshop action. Was able to create this in second with the image you provided

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use a Photoshop action. Was able to create this in second with the image you provided

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i am sorry. i am finally back in this project, how did you get that action you showed me? where is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall where I found it, but I know it was free.

Here's a link to the action from my computer Dropbox - Watercolor Photoshop Action.atn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not recognise this as a "watercolour". Looks like the photo has just had the Smart Blur filter applied to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sugg you have?

i was drawing on illustrator but not happy with the results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know of no instant method that makes a convincing effect.

I didn't create the technique in the video below but it can make good results. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzWpYx4rNs4://

I use a number of approaches and tools in Photoshop.  A few of my own watercolour paintings from photos are on my website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thats great, thanks. Not looking for a one click answer, been looking at tutorials and techniques but I look at it and it’s just not natural looking enough..will look at this thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines