• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Reverse Video from Reports

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I issued an Word report on the HTML of my RoboHelp 7 project. The report is issued with the HTML shown in reverse video, which makes it difficult to reviewers to read, and is not issued in the skin of the HTML. My supervisor would like the reverse video removed.

How do I remove reverse video from the Word output? I tried removing it as if it was a drawing (it is not apparently). I tried removing it as a style from Word. It comes close to succeeding, but the style of normal indicates a background of "Clear (black)" and I can't find how to change the background to clear (not black). I also tried changing it as though the HTML output is in the form of a table.

Thanks,
Rapa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rapa.
I'm afraid I don't follow you but this may be my ignorance with what you are doing. It sounds like an MS Word issue rather than a RH function. Can you enlighten me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snap! What report? One of the RH listed reports, a home brew? By reverse video, do you mean a black backround with white text?

" I also tried changing it as though the HTML output is in the form of a table." Huh?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry about my ignorance on this issue. Ffind the "report" through the "Printed Documentation" option in Single Source Layout. It issues the documentation in white text on a black background in Word and Adobe PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So apart from posting something that is unclear you are also posting it in different categories, which is against the forum guidelines. This all adds to the time that it takes to help you and it confuses anyone searching later. Please add a link in the other post so that anyone following it now posts here.

So you are not trying to issue a report and the HTML code is not what is being discussed. What you are doing is trying to create a print version of your online help so that your supervisor can read it. Correct?

In the last page of the print layout wizard are you selecting a Word template or using the OLH CSS? If a Word template, which one? Try using the supplied Style Mapping template.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the real world where the rubber meets the road and out of the great unwashed masses come those who unceremoniously but intellectually curious. Sorry for the faux pas. Actually, it is a report issued from the Printed Documentation feature and am trying to arrive at output that will be suitable for review material by our review board. What the supervisor prefers is normal output that is plain vanilla black on white output so that the contents of the project can be reviewed.

" I also tried changing it as though the HTML output is in the form of a table." HIghlighted sections of the output which gave the impression that that output could be in the form a table in Word. Then examined the cells of the "table", to see if the format options could give me a clue as whether or not it is in reverse video. Wondered if you might know anything about that.

Faux pas #2 -- remote connected into a "computer" (Server bad term).

Thanks,
Rapa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have also been asking the question in Word forum. The problem is that it is RH 7 that issues the report from the "Printed Documentation" under Single Source Layouts in reverse video using Word functionality. . It also issues a version of Printed Documentation in Adobe PDF in reverse video as well. I will update the explanation a little with this additional information. I have been researching the issue in Word and wondered if anyone else has run into it using RH7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking at this link which explains the use of style mapping which sounds like your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, Colum. I took a look at it. I am using a terminal that is dialing into a remote server to get RH7 and while looking around for the don't have direct access to the choice of templates. My guess is that our tech support is not permitting access to that drive.

However, I noticed that there is no indication how RH7 formats its Printed Documentation in reverse video -- or how to undo that style setting. I have gone into the Printed Documentation output and have worked a little with the various styles, but was unable to undo the reverse video effect. I don't suppose you know how RH7 creates that effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp must be installed on a client PC, not a server. This is both for technical reasons and licensing reasons. You can still remote in to the client PC.

If it is running off a server, then you cannot expect RH to work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rapa. things are starting to get a little clearer now. What you need to do is follow the steps in the link I previously posted. As Peter has stated, you need to use a style sheet with the correct style. What style sheet are you using? Your own or the RH default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2008 Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where I come from when people are trying to help us, we don't patronise them. It tends to backfire.

If you want to continue using your own terms and not explain things clearly when you can see that both of us trying to help you are having some difficulty, I'll wish you good luck. We are not the ones with the problem that needs resolving. Now let's try once more.

The printed documentation layouts do not generate reports. They generate some or all of your content according to how you setup the layout. Reports are generated from the Tools menu. Call it what you like in your own environment but it is confusing here.

So, if we are talking about topics being printed through a printed documentation layout, as far as I can tell the issue has to be the options in the last page of the wizard. If you tell us what you are selecting there, then perhaps we can help.

I am not following what you mean by "HIghlighted sections of the output which gave the impression that that output could be in the form a table in Word". What is giving you that thought?

If you preview a topic from RH and then right click to print it, do you get the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have found the solution: In Word Styles the Borders setting gives the black background and the Font has to be set to Automatic.

When I highlight a reverse video paragraph (or the Normal paragraph) and select Format->Styles and Formatting, the "Normal" Style is labelled in reverse video. I select the drop-down to the right of the Style and select "Modify". In the Modify Style dialog, click the "Format" button and select "Borders", ( not Font, which I had been trying). (Borders also contains the Shading setting). In Borders, in the Shading tab, the color selected is "Black". If I change that to "Clear" the reverse video clears.

In answer to your question, why do I think it appears as a table: The paragraphs in the Printed Documentation appear with an outline suggesting a table cell. When I highlight and right-click, the menu that appears has table selections (Delete cell, delete row, etc). The heading of the paragraph ( for example "Purpose") is a separate row and appears in Normal text. The paragraph below it in another row appears in reverse video (white text on black background)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you are finding the solution there, the cause is the styles in your source or the template and the mapping. If the Word document has tables, then so has the source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp