• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Vector mask in photo.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im working on a photomanipulation and on the picture I have a sky overlaped on my background picture which I have masked out til 90%. When I open the image again and start working on it and Im about to mask out the rest "with brushtool or eraser" there is a opacity or feels like a film that ends up on top of the picture and I can´t get back to where it as before. Would be greatful if anyone knows what it is.

Skärmavbild 2017-12-01 kl. 11.08.44.png

Just an example how it looks... Im removing all the whites in this image between the steel.

As you can see how the "film" lays on top of the image. Am I missing something?

It should just bring forward the sky in the background.

I checked all the opacity, layerstyle and so on.. I think.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

All looks good with blending modes and 100% black.. I did a reset on PS and now it works.

Thanks Dave for your time and effort in this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without being able to see the original image or the layer structure of your document it is very hard to offer any advice or understand what you mean by film on top of the image. Please post a screenshot including your layers panel or even better post a link to the psd file so that we can take a closer look at what is wrong.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here´s two more pictures you can have a look at if it helps.. thanks

Skärmavbild 2017-12-01 kl. 13.07.17.png

Skärmavbild 2017-12-01 kl. 13.07.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It doesn't reveal the issue. So a couple of suggestions.

1. Those appear to be pixel masks not vector masks. Ensure you are using 100% black - it is very easy to set a brush to not quite black which can cause many issues.

2. Check the blending modes of all your layers

If neither of those reveal the issue please post a link to the PSD file (if you are concerned over sharing the content make a copy with all the layers intact but crop it so it just shows the "offending" section and post that)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All looks good with blending modes and 100% black.. I did a reset on PS and now it works.

Thanks Dave for your time and effort in this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem - I'm glad you got it working

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines