• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get a gradient brush stoke that fades out as I stroke?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to CC. How do I get a brush stoke that fades out. I need that when I'm adding shadows etc. to a

character.

Thanks.

Curt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

In the brush panel under Size Jitter set the Control to Fade.  The amount depends on brush size, and brush spacing.

Under Transfer, set Opacity to Fade with the same amount

You can add some Colour Dynamics by setting Foreground / Background to fade.  Notice that I have used to a lower value here, so that we get so solid yellow in the stroke.  If Opacity Fade was turned off, then you would not need to do this.  Have a play.  One thing I can remember tripping me up when I first started experimenting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the brush panel under Size Jitter set the Control to Fade.  The amount depends on brush size, and brush spacing.

Under Transfer, set Opacity to Fade with the same amount

You can add some Colour Dynamics by setting Foreground / Background to fade.  Notice that I have used to a lower value here, so that we get so solid yellow in the stroke.  If Opacity Fade was turned off, then you would not need to do this.  Have a play.  One thing I can remember tripping me up when I first started experimenting with the brush engine is that you need to leave the jitter sliders at zero.  Setting it anything else adds a random factor to the stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I do not see a “size jitter option”. At the top it starts with opacity jitter, under that is flow jitter then wetness jitter and finally mix jitter.

Your suggestions helped but the fade out of the brush narrows as it fades and I don’t see any way to alter the length of the stroke. Any thoughts on this will be much

appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Curt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to click on the Shape Dynamics

Untitled1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to send you a screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines