• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial number CCE license has expired

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of users who had valid licences for adobe cc on their macs but have been told they need to update.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as clicking update licence and entering the new licence.

The licence seems to be attached to one persons creative cloud but not updating for everyone.

If the user logs into their creative cloud on the mac with the software there is nothing attached to their account so they can't update the licence that way.

Just need to know how I can open the software and update the licence without having to uninstall and reinstall which is my current workaround.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Adamh64291491 it looks like you received one of our outbound notifications that your serial number is about to expire which will result in loss of access to Adobe apps.  Please make sure to reach out to our Customer Care team to get help updating your serials using the contact number included in the notification emails.  We’re here to help and want to make sure you don’t experience any interruptions in using your apps.

Please let Alister and I know if you have any additional questions Adamh642914

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adamh64291491 what is the specific error that you, and your users, are currently experiencing?  Can you please post a screenshot of the error?  Details on how to post a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.

Thanks for responding,

Nothing to screenshot just need to know where to put the new licence key to reactivate software,

As above I keep getting directed to creative cloud but creative cloud only gives the option to purchase the software not to enter the licence i already have.

Any advice would be good.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adamh64291491 what type of a Creative Cloud membership do you have?  Are you receiving a message that the current serial number has expired?  If you are unable to share a screenshot then the exact text of the error you are receiving would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error is that the software is now trial version instead of licenced, so not really any point screen shooting that,

I have created a licence package to remove the licence currently on and hopefully placing the new one in instead using creative cloud packager which will hopefully resolve the problem.

The problem with creative cloud is that even though the software is on the machine it doesn't give you the option to enter the licence key you have. So the above should help me do that without needing creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS forum.

Ok, thanks for the update Adamh64291491.  Yes, there are several organizations that are currently utilizing serial number deployment to license their Creative Cloud applications.  Those serial numbers were set to expire at the end of November.  You are correct that you need to deploy the new serial numbers to apply the updated license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adamh64291491 it looks like you received one of our outbound notifications that your serial number is about to expire which will result in loss of access to Adobe apps.  Please make sure to reach out to our Customer Care team to get help updating your serials using the contact number included in the notification emails.  We’re here to help and want to make sure you don’t experience any interruptions in using your apps.

Please let Alister and I know if you have any additional questions Adamh64291491.  I would recommend reviewing the link offered by Alister in message #6 of this public forum discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using Creative Cloud Packager to re-serialize with your current serial number is the correct step.

For full details see https://spark.adobe.com/page/untCJEm9K7EOI/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although creating the cloud packager did work for one user I'm now getting not permitted errors on accounts even though they have full admin rights.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Adobe1.pngAdobe2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be because of System Integrity Protection. See Configuring System Integrity Protection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have be Admin on Mac for licensing script to work .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to line 2 of my comment dated Dec 5, 2017 1:30 AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam

I could be completely wrong  here , but it looks like you are trying running
the script within outlook.

I would try copying to desktop and give it a try 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah in this instance i emailed the application instead of accessing straight from network folder, I've tried from the desktop too already though but could be something corrupting the file as it's the only time I've had this problem, I'm going to grab the mac and test tomorrow.

Thanks for responding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines