Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export as video... why only 1 option

Enthusiast ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: Animate CC 2017

On a PC, I go to export as a video. I am not seeing multiple options such as AVI or what have you... it automatically just shows a path where to save the file and the file winds up a .mov.

I then went to import into media bin in Camtasia. The goal here... to export as a universal file type that can be uploaded on social media, posted on a website, etc (as an mp4).

I get a codec error message, and my .mov won't import into Camtasia.

Can you please advise on how I can bring in a 'Flash/Animate file converted to a movie' into Camtasia successfully?

Lastly, what successful method are you using when in Flash to have it export or convert to a movie that has universal playback (again, so can post on Social, YouTube, or a website) ?

I look forward to your suggestions! Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Well, well... just discovered the Adobe Media Encoder.
Solves all problems!

Good instruction here: Convert a Video File to a Different Format using Adobe Media Encoder | EVSC ICATS

H.264 – MPEG-4 Video (MP4)

H.264 is currently the most common video format used for recording and distribution of video on the Internet. Video websites such as YouTube and Vimeo use this format along with a host of other websites. H.264(MP4) videos play nicely on computers, tablets, and most hand-held devices without the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have QuickTime installed? That's used to create the MOV, and you have an option to send it to Adobe Media Encoder. In there you can choose a high quality H.264 preset, and it will make a file that can go to YouTube, etc. The CC 2018 version of media encoder has a Social Media folder of presets to choose from.

That same social media exported MP4 should work in Camtasia ok. Also, once you have QuickTime installed Camtasia may well read the MOV too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, well... just discovered the Adobe Media Encoder.
Solves all problems!

Good instruction here: Convert a Video File to a Different Format using Adobe Media Encoder | EVSC ICATS

H.264 – MPEG-4 Video (MP4)

H.264 is currently the most common video format used for recording and distribution of video on the Internet. Video websites such as YouTube and Vimeo use this format along with a host of other websites. H.264(MP4) videos play nicely on computers, tablets, and most hand-held devices without the need to install additional applications or plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines