• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Character Animator to Animate

Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the lip sync feature of Character Animator, but I prefer to animate bodies in Animate. No problem, just make the head in Character Animator, add it to Animate (with background transparency) over the body. Done.

Or not. It's possible to export it with transparency to After Effects. From there, After Effects is very versatile, so I can make it into any file type imaginable!

Which file types (with transparency) does Adobe Animate open? Is there another way of getting my lip sync data across?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

I had a think, and here's the best idea I have so far:

I will animate the body with some tracking references for the head to follow above the neck. Xs or squares should work, but I'll try the other if the first doesn't. From there, I can animate the body, and have the head automatically follow using After Effects tracking.

It's slow, CPU intensive, less than perfect, and not what the programs were designed to do, but it's the best workflow idea so far. I'll mark this as "correct answer" in 48 hour

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a think, and here's the best idea I have so far:

I will animate the body with some tracking references for the head to follow above the neck. Xs or squares should work, but I'll try the other if the first doesn't. From there, I can animate the body, and have the head automatically follow using After Effects tracking.

It's slow, CPU intensive, less than perfect, and not what the programs were designed to do, but it's the best workflow idea so far. I'll mark this as "correct answer" in 48 hours unless someone can top it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines