Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Update / what is latest version

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

until yesterday I was reminded all the time to update my Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC 2015.12 release. Today I thought let's update it, but now it tells me the system requirements aren't met. Ok. I was thinking to install some "other version" as you name it, to get the latest version I could get, but how can I tell which is newer, (not to install an older one) ???

Can you help? Thank you.

Here I attach what I have and what "update" is available to me..

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 10.26.23.png Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 10.26.14.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there a two Lightroom versions. Lightroom CC it's a brand new Lightroom and Lightroom Classic CC. That's the actual version of the Lightroom that you knows. 

What operating system do you use?

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel, thanks.

I'm using Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite, and I know there is Classic and new CC, I'm strictly interested in desktop Classic version. Just that the naming of versions is so confusing that I dont know which of 2015.12 or 5.7.1 is later. And I dont't plan to upgrade my system at this moment, which will solve it, but not yet..

Thanks, M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I see you have a CC subscription. Version 5.7.1 is a very old version of the perpetual license of Lightroom. In the meantime there is the version 6.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have CC subscription. So I guess my 2015.12 version is newer than the 5.7.1....? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply said, yes. Although the two versions are not comparable. As I said before: Lightroom 5.x is very old and a perpetual license.

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found that 2015.12 equals 6.12, just in case anybody else is interested.

Have a nice day, M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But do you understand the difference between the two?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, more or less.

Today I succeeded to update to CC 2015.13 and looks like that's the most recent version, right? As if I check for updates nothing pops up..

(Lightroom version: CC 2015.13 [ 1141928 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.10 [5])  

Actually it couldn't get more complicated with all the cc, perpetual, now cc classic, etc. versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to look up the most current version on adobe help (screenshot) and all it mentions is classic cc 7.0.1 and lightroom 6.13, so now how does my 2015.13 fit into that?!?!

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 17.59.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2015.13 is the subscription version of 6.13. It's the one before 7.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines