Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a photo to look like a graphic

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I really want to find out how to edit a photo to make it look like a digital graphic type of thing (for cars in particular). See attached photos to see what I mean. The photo is mine and I am trying to find out how to make it look like the graphic on the shirt.

I bought this super awesome sweatshirt with a Mustang on it and then I realized that I have lots of similar pictures and if I could just figure out how to make it into a graphic, I could make similar items. Any help would be much appreciated!!

mustang shirt.jpg

IMG_0069.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another solution is to select the car and make a layer to isolate from Background .

Save it as PSD layered file.

Open Illustrator

Place the image and use Image Trace.

2. Option 2

Isolate the image.

Make a smart Object:

Go to Blur: Gaussian Blur

Posterize: and figure the level for it

Threshold: around 140 -160 depending on the look..

Once you get the design you like you can play with it more and make it more graphics looking

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You want the image to be nice and crisp so I would advise you to do this with the pen tool. It is very quick to do once you become familiar with the tool. Draw round each major shape (you could use a temporary threshold adjustment layer to give a guide) and make a vector shape layer from each section. For the outside outline use a stroke with no fill and for other black areas a fill with no stroke.

Draw with Pen tools in Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines