• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black window CC Libraries Tab 2018 install

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone other then me experiencing this problem? I recently downloaded and installed the 2018 apps for Indesign, Illustrator, and photoshop and I noticed when I open the CC Libraries tab it's visible to start, but once I extend the window out it turns black? I had two adobe support tech's try to fix it but nothing was accomplished?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate the problem, can you post a screenshot?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screen shot of window before extending it out to the left.

Before.jpg

This is a screen shot after extending the window out to the left.

After.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening in all 3 apps? I have no idea, maybe someone else will chime in. If you worked with support, I'm assuming you have already tried resetting the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's happening in all 3 apps. I have worked with support and they did reset my preferences and also tried a few other things with the connection to the cloud services and the only thing they could determine is that the issue is app related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clearly cannot help you. It's possible someone might jump in who can. They will be interested in your computer specs most likely. Window or Mac, operating system, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually had two different people from Adobe support look into the issue and they couldn't figure it out. I will wait to see if someone chimes in or there may be an update in the future to CC. Thanks for your help Melissapiccone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be related to my monitor, monitor preferences, or the video card? This is a very strange thing because I downloaded and installed all the 2018 apps on a separate IMac and I don't experience the problem?? I've attached my current system info from the machine I'm using if that helps.

Sys_Info.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it. I'm guessing there is something interfering with it. If everything else related to graphics is working... It's an old Mac, maybe that is the problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would it just do it in the CC Libraries Tab and not the other tabs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried undocking the panel so it floats in Photoshop? Can you also try the same steps with Window> Extensions> Adobe Color Themes?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using a single monitor for that Mac Pro? The panel drawing is likely doing that due to the video card, however, I don't know if any aftermarket upgrades are still available for replacement. The Libraries panel uses a different mechanism for displaying content then most of the other panels, which is why it is isolated to a few.

I have been able to reproduce what you see and will log a bug for investigation. The GeForce GT 120 has been problematic is various GPU areas. I can try upgrading my OS to 10.12 to see if that makes any difference in case Apple updated the drivers.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC library is pulling the images from a hidden file burried on your computer and watching your creative cloud for updates. That is all of technical parts I know. So somewhere there is a disconnect. Have you tried using the library without being connected to your creative cloud? Just a thought...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try all of your suggestions Melissa and Steve, I will let you know if I have any success. Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, they Adobe Color Theme is doing the same thing. I can't understand why the 2017 version was fine? It's not like the interface has changed much? Maybe it is something to do with the video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I've tried all your suggestions without any luck. I also updated my driver for my video card and that didn't work. My next move will be to upgrade the video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you have access to a newer card that you can try? And when you say you updated the driver for your video card, do you mean you updated your OS?

The underlying code that those panels use has been updated in Ps CC 2018. If you resize the panel bigger to the size you want, then quit and relaunch Ps, it should draw the panel contents as expected. There is something about the dynamic resizing of the panel to make it bigger that is breaking with this machine setup (involving the GT 120).

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, I'm going to start shopping around for a new video card, would you have any suggestions? Oh and this issue is not just happening in PS, it's doing it in ID, and AI.

Heres My Current specs:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro4,1

Model Name:Mac Pro
  Model Identifier:MacPro4,1
  Processor Name:Quad-Core Intel Xeon
  Processor Speed:2.66 GHz
  Number of Processors:1
  Total Number of Cores:4
  L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
  L3 Cache:8 MB
  Memory:16 GB
  Processor Interconnect Speed:4.8 GT/s
  Boot ROM Version:MP41.0081.B07
  SMC Version (system):1.39f5
  SMC Version (processor tray):1.39f5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I upgraded the OS to 10.12.6 and it still exhibits the problem. The cross app behavior for these panels is expected; they all use the same updated code.

On the video card front, I think there was only one aftermarket card that worked in that model, the ATI Radeon HD 5870.

About graphics-card compatibility between Mac Pro models - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I put an ATI Radeon HD 5870 in my MacPro (Early 2009) and the resizing issue does not exhibit.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news, I will look into getting the ATI HD 5870 and hopefully achieving the same results you have! Thanks for your help on this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi at all,

I have exactly the same problem. The funny thing is, that I have the same graphic card too and an early 2009 MacPro. The strange thing is, that the Color Theme panel is visible AND the Libraries panel is visible in AI and PS too. A further strange thing is, that I can move elements out of the black libraries panel, but in some cases I receive an error message that says, that some other user is using the library. It is similar to that error message, because it is a german error message.

Could you solve the issue in the meanwhile? Did you buy a new graphic card?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't purchased a video card yet. I'm just dealing with it by working out of the panels at a smaller size without expanding the panels any larger. The issue occurs when I expand the panels out and this goes for AI, ID, and PS. I haven't got the error you mention of. I will eventually replace the 2009 Mac Pro with a Mac Pro Tube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick answer. The issue is really annoying...perhaps I have to contact the Adobe support directly. Anyway...thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines