Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Area reveal/rollover on illustration ??? Please help

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

This is my first post, I am totally new to Adobe Muse so please be patient I have been searching all over the internet for an answer and I hope you can point me in the right direction. Here is the question:

How do I create something similar to this  Hearthstone Official Game Site  under the "Board overview" section. I want the user to highlight or reveal a portion of the image while hovering over certain elements of it (and as you can see the rest of the image darkens), and display a text box when the area is active.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Remi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is doable ā€“ especially, if you are  implementing a fixed width site. With a fluid width site, it will be necessary to use extended, Muse-extern javascript coding.

When you create a fixed width site, you will have to use different fixed width breakpoint to match different screen/device sizes.

But I warn you: As you say, that you are ā€žtotally new to Museā€œ, it will be quite a hard job! (I donā€™t understand, why beginners very often start with complicated layouts. (In a similar thread I asked: ā€žIf you donā€™t even have a driving license, do you take part in the Rally Paris ā€“ Dakar?")

Here you find a sample .muse file, which demonstrates, how  something like your sample page can be done:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn0or3dvzlhfo8f/Hearthstone-games.zip?dl=0

Be aware, that only the icons 2, 6 and 9 are active!

Only one hint:  This .muse file simply makes use of a composition widget. If you canā€™t find out, how it works, just ask. But if you have to ask, I think, you should stop creating such a page and have a very close look at these links:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dani+beaumont

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent I think this is what I was looking for, thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines