Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending .draw file to Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Draw Version 3.3.77 on Samsung Note 10.1 Tablet

I am currently having issues with sending a draw file to desktop illustrator. The function is usually quite slow, but has never not worked.

Troubleshooting i've done includes -

1.Logging out all other PC's that are connected to my account - unable to send file to desktop

2. Restart computer, restart adobe draw, restart illustrator - unable to send file to desktop

3.  logged out of illustrator and adobe draw, logged back in - unable to send file to desktop

4. Save file to creative cloud as an asset, but only gives me an option to download as PNG, or PDF without active components. - unable to send file to desktop

5. Share link from adobe creative cloud asset files to myself, and open it that way. - unable to send file to desktop

If there are any other trouble shooting inquiries someone might have for me to try that would be awesome. Or if there might be a patch/new version I could download that would be most beneficial. This is a large part of my workflow!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

HI Cascade.

I'm sorry it's not working correctly. I know it's a huge inconvenience and super frustrating. Not sure what's going on, but I do have a few questions:

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw does all the work that's on your device show up there? (Please check this if you have not alr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Cascade.

I'm sorry it's not working correctly. I know it's a huge inconvenience and super frustrating. Not sure what's going on, but I do have a few questions:

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw does all the work that's on your device show up there? (Please check this if you have not already.)

* Are you getting a Sent! notification in the app?

* Make sure your desktop software is current. Illustrator CC  just had an update a couple of weeks ago; you should be using v21.1.0 2017.1.0  (check this by opening the app and choosing About Illustrator from the Illustrator CC file menu).

​* Also, since it has a lot to do with whether mobile files make it to the desktop, make sure you're using version v4.3.0.256 of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (check that by clicking on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the three stacked dots next to the avatar, then Preferences).

Let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. I have spoken to 4 different people on the adobe chat help- I was told to un install and install both draw and illustator- no such luck. I have also followed this link but as above the only formats to save are not an files. Please advise what to do next. Mobile creations are not appearing when I open illustrator on desk top. I am extremely frustrated given the cost we pay to use these apps. The help offered is not always any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Elizabeth.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. And I'm sorry you're having so much trouble sending your work. If you would, will you answer a couple of the questions that I asked above?

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw does all the work that's on your device show up there? (Please check this if you have not already.)

* Are you able to save your drawings to as PDFs to https://assets.adobe.com/files using the Send to CC Files as PDF? Please try that if you haven't already.

* When you try to send your work from Draw, are you getting a Sent! notification in the app?

I have talked to a few people who seem to be having trouble with their work not launching Ai, even though it's actually making it to the desktop, which is signaling a problem with the CC Desktop App; unfortunately there has been enough follow-up from them to determine what's going on.

Please let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines