Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHM Welcome topic not opening at right size; and logo not nice

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a problem getting the CHM to open at the right width.
The Welcome topic has a 2-part company logo, one part on the left and the other on the right.
So far I implemented it using a table with one row and two columns.
In WebHelp mode it comes up fine.

But as a CHM, when i open the CHM it is too narrow and the two logos get squished together.

So I guess this is really an HTML/CSS issue, but I would appreciate some pointers. What HTML/CSS would I require ensure the following:

- That the CHM opens at a minimum width, i.e., wide enough to make the logo spread out and look nice
- The left-hand logo section justifies to the left, and the right-hand logo section justifies to the right.

Tia,

- avi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi avi.

With CHM files, the window size is controlled via the Placement fields in your window. However you'll only see these field in your window definitions if the window was created whilst Microsoft HTML Help was your default layout. If your window was created with a WebHelp default layout you'll have to create a new window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> If your window was created with a WebHelp default layout you'll have to create a new window

You mean I have to recreate the topic?

- avi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Not the topic but the window in which it will be placed. CHMs - unlike webhelp - use a window rather than the browser to control placement of the help on the screen. In your Projects tab look for the windows folder. Make sure you have Microsoft HTML Help was your default layout, right click on the folder and select Create a New Window. Then in our SSL select that window in the "Default Window field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2008 Dec 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great, this seems to work.

And you also taught me what the Windows folder is for and where to get those placement options.

Thanks, Colum!

- avi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp