• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Content Based on Conditional Markup?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 05, 2008 Dec 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi y'all,

Does anyone know of a way to quickly and easily delete content based on a conditional markup tag? I want to delete everything marked to my "Release" conditional tag.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 05, 2008 Dec 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

Are you wanting to delete the actual content the tag is applied to? Or are you instead simply wanting an easy way to remove the tag?

I suppose either way would work the same. You probably need to investigate a proper Search and Replace utility such as FAR or ReplacEm.

Click here for FAR
Click here for BK Replace

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 08, 2008 Dec 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to delete the actual text bounded by the conditional tags. It sounds like this is still an external search and replace job then. That's what I've done in the past, but was hoping someone knew of a way inside or RH to easily do this. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jared,

I think that could simplify the quest if you use an external multifile & replace tool (not the one supplied with RoboHelp). There are many tools that allow for flexible search strings or of course regular expressions.

The conditionalized content is contained in a span element like <span style="...">content</span>. This can be searched and deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp