• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2018 perspective crop malfunction

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After entering Photoshop 2018 from the latest Lightroom classic with an -HDR-Edit.psd file, an attempt to use perspective crop results in replacement of the image by several greyish-tone squares.  I've tried this repeatedly from different files.  The same thing happens when importing a file from Lightroom that has not had an HDR combination.  How is this avoided, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Many thanks.  I will try this, and will advise results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by updating your graphics driver and checking the relevant hardware acceleration preferences in Photoshop.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I think this is a most unsatisfactory reply.

This feature worked on my system in the previous version of Photoshop.  My system is quite recent, and was specified for high end graphics applications.  You do not advise how to set acceleration presets.  I consider that upgrades to software should be made backwards system-compatible, or users should be advised when there is a risk that an upgrade will not work.  It should not be necessary to reset preferences, and if it is there should be clear guidance.  Users should not find out by accident that a feature they are used to using no longer works.  In my view, this is a bug that needs fixing without delay.  How do I reset to run the previous version of the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’re just users of Photoshop like you. We’re telling you how we’d go about troubleshooting if it happened to us. We just volunteer our time, your attitude is unsatisfactory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your clarification: I'm of course grateful for all advice wherever it comes from, especially volunteers. My remarks are addressed to Adobe:  I thought this communication was direct to that organization.  I would appreciate input on how to get a communication directly to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Family Customer Community

But you still need to check you video card driver. What operating system are you using?  If Windows 10, have you just installed the Fall update?  If so, then this is known to cause problems with video card drivers, and you need to go to the video card maker's site and update from there.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks.  I will try this, and will advise results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further, if the Windows upgrade, so close in time to the Photosho upgrade, is in fact the cause, then apologies to Adobe, with whom I originally thought I was communicating privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines