• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When i color on top of the normal color it turns black?

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i normally paint something on top of the normal color it turnes black, and when i paint on the black thing it turns white..

how do i make it not turn black right after i paint twice in the same place??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Is this using the brush tool?  Make sure it is the normal brush tool, and not the Color Replacement, Mixer, or Art History brush.  Check the brush blend mode in the Options bar.  If using a new layer to paint on, check its blend mode.

If it is none of those things, we need to know your Photoshop version and operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this using the brush tool?  Make sure it is the normal brush tool, and not the Color Replacement, Mixer, or Art History brush.  Check the brush blend mode in the Options bar.  If using a new layer to paint on, check its blend mode.

If it is none of those things, we need to know your Photoshop version and operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AAA THANK YOUU !!

it turned out that the brush i used was in a difference mode,i changed it to normal mode and everything works fine now !

thank you for your help i appreciate that a LOT !! <33

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines