• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 hangs on startup because of crash report dialog

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't start Photoshop (CC 2018, latest version), the window comes up and then I get a dialog box that tells me that PS had crashed and generated a crash report. The dialog is garbled and shows me two overlapping "Don't send" buttons and two "send crash report" buttons, but is unresponsive, none of the buttons work, I can't close the window or dialog box and it hangs there (I waited for 10 minutes), the only thing I can do is kill it through task manager. Windows 7, latest version.

I tried starting PS up with SHFT to prevent loading add-ons, same result. Tried starting up multiple times, same result.

Every second time I start up, there also is another dialog window behind the crash report dialog, it looks like the sign-in window, strictly only every 2nd time.

Is there a folder location where crash reports are stored or any way to reset/purge that queue manually?

Thanks for any suggestions. - Jurgen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use windows 7 reliability history viewer to see if there is a Windows crash report being generated at that time.

CC 2017 crash.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. And what do I do with that information, how is that preventing the hang on startup to not happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If there are crash reports and you can not figure them out post them here.  We may be able to tell what is going on in your environment.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines