Exit

content locked message on Kobo

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

This is very odd..

I borrowed a book from the library, opened it in Adobe Digital Editions, and transferred it to my Kobo as usual.

I have been happily reading the book for a week now on the Kobo, and then overnight, when I next went to read the book, I am getting an error message:

"The content you are trying to view is locked.  Please use your Adobe ID to authorize your ereader with the Kobo Desktop application or Adobe Digital Editions"

The book is still on my computer in the Adobe Digital Editions, and I can read it there.  It doesn't expire for another 9 days.

I have tried to reload it to the Kobo - didn't work.

I have logged in and out again of both ADE and Kobo - didn't work.

And can't see anything in either on "authorizing the ereader".

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO???????

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've taken all the steps on the kobo help site to fix and still the content is locked.  Frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, the only way I have been able to get it working was to reset my kobo which means I lost all the books I had on it. Very frustrating!!

@adobecustomercare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines