• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed on Firefox 57.

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a few weeks ago, whenever I try to go to any website that uses Flash on Firefox, I get the error screen "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed. Reload the page to try again."

I figured it was a temporary issue, but when Firefox updated and it didn't fix the issue, I tried some troubleshooting.

I tried completely uninstalling Adobe Flash Player 27 NPAPI and reinstalling.

I tried completely uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling.

Checked Internet Explorer 11. It works there.

Tried my laptop, and found the same version of Flash on the same version of Firefox works fine.

I'm using Windows 10 Home.

If I go to Flash Player Help  on Step 5 it gives the same error there as on any other webpage I try with Flash.

Any ideas what could have caused this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to look into this, but I need a crash dump:

Report a Flash Player crash or error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you need?

[@ ssaudioosd.dll@0x8c04] - Firefox 57.0 Crash Report - Report ID: 1489a462-a9e6-4825-b72f-198891171...

I also have the .dmp file but I do not see a way to upload files on this forum. Do you need that? And if so, how should I attach it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that link is totally adequate, thanks.  Sometimes the dump is helpful, but this is straightforward.

In this instance, it's not crashing in Flash Player.  It's crashing in the audio driver (ssaudioosd.dll).  From my cursory Google search, it looks like it's typically distributed on ASUS machines.  It's a relatively low-volume crash, but it looks like systems that do hit it, hit it consistently. 

I'd recommend visiting the ASUS support site and picking up any and all available firmware and driver updates for the machine as a next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this isn't an Asus machine. This is a desktop computer built by iBuyPower.

But now that I know it's an audio driver, I decided to check into that. I first updated my GeForce driver. That had no effect.

I also downloaded SteelSeries Engine 3.11.7 from SteelSeries Engine Software - GameSense & Customization | SteelSeries  a few months ago when I got my SteelSeries Actis 3 (great microphone, crummy sound. Wouldn't recommend people buy it; would have returned it had I not just needed a good microphone). I don't believe the problem started right when I got that, but I tried uninstalling it to see if that was the cause of the issue, and found the issue was resolved.

So, in the future, if anyone is seeing this sort of error, at least in my case the SteelSeries Engine program was causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, that totally makes sense.  All I had to go on was the name of the crashing DLL.  I'm guessing that ASUS probably buys some components from them for their OEM systems, which is why it comes up in relation to their machines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines