Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete images from Photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a cropped image at layer 0 and I want to delete it.  How do I delete the image?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the layers you want to delete to the trash in layers palette or right click on the layers in the layers palette and select delete layer.  You can not delete all layers there must be at least one layer remaining.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack and others, What I really want to do is to simply delete the image.  I want to delete it off my computer and it won't allow that because it's still open in Photoshop.  I'm not trying to save any particular layers, I just want to be able to delete the image and it will not drag to the trash can (trash is grayed out) and I can't find a simple "delete" action in any of the dropdown menus.  Sorry for being unclear in my original post; I'm new to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you meant how to delete a layer from Photoshop and not an image, but please explain if I am wrong.

As JJMack mentioned, you can simply drag your Layer 0 to the Trash Can icon.  You must maintain at least one layer, and the original Background layer would need to be renamed before deleted.

2017-11-22_07-51-58.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want, you can just press the Delete key (right of enter) as long as no blending modes are selected in the dropdown at the top. I prefer this because the bin icon is tiny at 4k and too often the Windows taskbar pops up when I'm trying to delete a layer by dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Windows or Mac File system and delete the files you want to deleted.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks JJMack; that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines