Exit

Issue when saving the modification of a filein Photoshop Elements 12

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save a modified file with PS Elements 12

Condition of occurrence:

The source file is a .jpg file (picture from my camera) and the issue occurs when the modification consists in addition of a text into the picture then it is impossible to save the updated file.

The issue does not occur when the modification is done on the picture, the updated file can be saved.

My system is a PC equipped with i7 Intel chip, it runs last version of Windows 10 64 bit - version 1709

The issue may be linked to the last Windows version because I do not remember this problem with previous version.

Could you help me solving this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally when one adds Text to a file, that adds a Text layer and since Jpegs don't support layers, when you press File>Save in pse 12, you get the option to save as a PSD file, which does support layers.

Is that what is happening in your case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response

I made another try for saving under .psd getting the same problem.

In the modification process of a .jpg or .psd file the text addition is reported correctly in the PS Elements 12 user interface by showing the addition of a text layer.

I am adding the pictures of 2 pop up messages shown during the saving process

-> One  (first below) appears to be not complete and  is shown at the end of the saving process when I try to overwrite the previous file without changing name. As a result of the message the file is not saved and I do not know the reason for

-> The other appears when I try to change the file name in the attempt to save the file under another name.As a result of the message the file is not saved.

The message coming after this one says that the file is unknown

Issue saving PSD file in PS Elements 12.PNG

Pop up after saving request.PNG

Roland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines