Exit

Blank stamps and security

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard.

I hide a few parts of the PDF using a blank stamp (Tools-> Comment&Markup-> Stamps -> Dynamic -> Blank). Afterwards I locked the PDF using a password (Advances -> Security -> Encrypt with Password) and I restricted permissions so no changes are allowed in the document.

When I open the PDF on my PC or using an Android phone- the hidden parts remain hidden and you can't change or move the blank stamps (unless you have the password and you unlock the security).

But when I try to open the PDF using an IPhone – the stamps move to different parts of the document, even if you don’t have the password. It means that information that I didn’t intend to expose gets unveiled.

Could you please check the bug?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use Acrobat Reader on the iPhone?

Info: for sensitive information use Acrobat Pro and the Redaction Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we used the preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then contact the support of Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There may be a bug but your procedure is not right. And as noted the bug isn't Adobe's. Did you realise that if you cover up text it can still be selected, copied and pasted? Many people, even the US Govt, have made this mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines