• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Library sharing

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i've done a little bit of research and can't seem to find the answers to the questions I have, or I'm not searching for the right terms.

I want to create a shareable library with a few people, I would like them to be able to drag elements and smart objects from the library to their photoshop documents, and be able to edit them but for the edit to not affect the element stored in the library.  Is there anyway of doing this? I've seen that there is a view and comment restriction, but it's very vague the limitations of what this is and what they are.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want them to be able to use the asset from the library, but not maintain a link back to the library asset?

Dragging from a library places the asset in your Photoshop document, and the layer thumbnail displays a cloud icon indicating that the layer is linked to a library asset. Hold the Alt (on a Mac: Opt) while dragging to place a copy that isn't linked.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are referring to a graphic element that is dragged in as a smart object, the collaborator can rasterize the object, make changes and drag a second edited version to the library. The original will remain unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines