Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Print to PDF cropping to paper size

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently downloaded a trial of photoshop cc 2018 and began to get some designs print ready using print to pdf function. All was fine, images and bleed all correct sizes and designs were good to go! However, I then purchased the programme after my trial ended and now when I go to get designs print ready my pdf is cropped/restricted to a paper size. Not sure why this has changed but can anyone help me figure out how to get back to normal?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Saving as PDF is the right way. Bleed can be defined. Crop marks are the job of the app which imposes or prints. Please don't print to PDF. On the Mac it has been impossible for many years but this remains possible, but a trap, on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size of the printed file is controlled by the print driver, not Photoshop. Where is the file changing sizes? What is your workflow? How are you creating the PDF, through print or save as?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is changing sizes when I go to Print to PDF -

Workflow wise - I create my file, set image size in image size and canvas size for bleed, then I go to print to pdf and set bleed and add crop marks.

This used to all be fine and I could set and save my PDF with no cropping to a paper size but now it restricts me.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not have heard this, but Print to PDF is very much discouraged for Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Save or Export to PDF for professional results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have no option for PDF when I go to export and saving as a PDF doesn't add my crop marks or let me allow for bleed?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saving as PDF is the right way. Bleed can be defined. Crop marks are the job of the app which imposes or prints. Please don't print to PDF. On the Mac it has been impossible for many years but this remains possible, but a trap, on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines