• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot fill a background with a colour without small circles appearing? (screenshot included)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 16.07.36.png

Hi, I may have accidentally pushed a key I'm not too sure but no matter what layer, what document I open, I cannot fill with a single colour without this pattern coming up. I'm trying to colour it in with the brush but it makes part of the file transparent and part painted. Does anybody know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Hi Kayleighk,

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop & let us know if it helps:

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kayleighk,

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop & let us know if it helps:

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this worked! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Tool

Untitled.jpg

What happens if you use Shift + Backspace to bring up the fill options can you fill it that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kayleigh,

are you using Photoshop 2017 for any particular reason? If you are using 'High Sierra' on your Mac-don't know if you are as you haven't said-but there are known incompatibilities with the new OSX and Photoshop 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you making it "Fill". If you are using the Edit Fill feature (Shift F5) it could be defaulting the fill option to Pattern, and that just happens to be the last one referenced.

Same thing with your paintbucket tool. If the option is set to fill with pattern rather than foreground color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, usually when something strange happens, just reset Photoshop preferences and it solve the 90% of problems. 🙂
All my best,
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines