• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you stop iPhone photos from automatically going into LR CC

Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd, this week LR CC started importing photos taken on my iPhone (without my help).  This morning I opened the iPhone camera app and took four pictures. This afternoon I opened LR CC on my MacBook Pro.  The four pictures have automagically appeared in LR CC?

I suspect this is happening on my iPhone.  But it may be happening on my Mac.  The iPhone Photos App is syncing with my Mac's Photo App.  LR CC on my Mac, could be grabbing the photos from Apple Photos App on my Mac.  As I said, it is probably happening on my iPhone

To stop this, on my iPhone, I went into settings and removed LR CC's permissions to read and write to App Photos.  Is there another way to stop this?

Thanks

Monty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Check the LRmobile settings on the iPhone. Chances are that you have "Auto Import Photos" enabled, which means any picture added to the Camera Roll will automatically be imported into LRmobile, and from there they are automatically uploaded into your Adobe cloud ecosystem, and from there automatically downloaded into LRCC on your desktop. That's the way it's meant to work, but if you don't want your phone pictures to end up on your desktop, turn off that setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the LRmobile settings on the iPhone. Chances are that you have "Auto Import Photos" enabled, which means any picture added to the Camera Roll will automatically be imported into LRmobile, and from there they are automatically uploaded into your Adobe cloud ecosystem, and from there automatically downloaded into LRCC on your desktop. That's the way it's meant to work, but if you don't want your phone pictures to end up on your desktop, turn off that setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are so right!  Thanks

IMG_4867.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang, my photos taken on my iPhone are still Auto Importing into LR CC

I believe I have the switches in the correct place....
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Monty

IMG_4881.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which camera app are you using? The iPhone's own, or are you using the Lightroom camera? If the latter, then you can't stop them syncing....the "Auto Add" option only controls what happens with new photos added to the Camera Roll, but the LR camera doesn't do that. Instead it adds them directly into the LR app space, and from there they will automatically upload to the cloud, and thus down to your desktop (LRCC and/or Classic). No way around that that I can think of, other than not using that LR camera.

But if you're NOT using the LR camera, then I'm stumped. I have no explanation as to why they would sync if that setting is disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Apple Camera app.  I am not shooting from within LR CC. 

I take the picture using the Apple Camera App, the photos go into Apple Photos then LR CC imports them....

Monty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which case I don't know why that's happening. Last thing to try would be to close the app completely, then restart, then check the settings again to make sure that auto add is still disabled. Then take another picture to see what happens. If it still gets added to Lightroom on the phone, then I think you'll need to report it as a potential bug on the official Adobe feedback site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL.

It just imported 486 pictures dating back to September.  Where do I report bugs?

THanks

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 9.54.36 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make sure these are newly-imported AFTER you changed that setting, and not from before. Assuming that's the case, try posting here:

Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue as Monty Montgomery.  Just stared happening recently.  Have adjusted the auto import settings, but the problem persists. Any other suggested solutions would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I get it right that with the Auto-Setting Off you are still getting new created iOS camera roll photos imported to Lr CC on your mobile device? - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the ultimate question in this discussion. And a VERY good one.
With Auto Add Photos Enabled shots taken with either the device's native camera or the Lc camera will go into the device Camera Roll and into the Lc system and be synced to cloud.

With Auto Add Photos Disabled only those shot with the Lc camera will go into the Lr system for syncing.

If you use the Lr camera and want the photos to also be in the device's Camera Roll: Tap the Send Icon then Save to Camera Roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After one week of NOT importing photos taken on my iPhone using the Apple Camera App, today LRCC imported photos taken yesterday

Monty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you come across a solution for this?  I am having the same issue even after turning off the auto add slider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an iPad as well with the same app on ? I turned off my app on the phone to stop imports, but when I opened my iPAd app, it synced all my cloud photos from the Apple Cloud to the Adobe Cloud, hence why they appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! I have been going crazy trying to figure this out. My phone was not set to sync but because unknowingly my iPad was, photos from my iPhone kept popping into my LR catalogue. I disabled auto import from my iPad and now everything is working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I was going nuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was so annoying. I can't believe someone thought it was a good idea to add this feature and have it on by default.

Thank you for the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old thread now, but no-one has mentioned changing the Phone settings (not the in app settings):

IMG_9617.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it is okay to ask a question on an older thread. 

I discovered that I had the toggle set to ON on my iPhone and my iPad for Photos "Auto Add from Camera Roll". So thank you for this post for solving that issue for me. I have since set the toggle to OFF on both devices. 

Now the question is, for those images that did sync over to my Lightroom on the iPad and the iPhone. Let's say I start to delete them off the iPad, I understand they will be deleted as well off the iPhone however will they be deleted out of the camera roll? I supposed I can test this with one image that I don't wish to keep. But thought I would ask here first. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution?

So LOOONG story short I was actually complaining about my internet being so slow in my new office and turns out I installed LR on my new phone.  Updated pictures.  Took a picture with it.  48,683 photos have now imported to my LR folder.  

Any solutions on getting rid of these?  Can sort by import because for some reason they show having imported by the date of the picture being taken NOT the day they all imported.  

I am soooo ungodly angry right now I actually am looking at alternatives to Adobe.  After all this time they seriously cant be the ONLY game in town

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your mobile device select the LR app. Tap the three dots in the upper right. Tap Settings. Tap Import. Under the Auto Add from Camera Roll make sure the toggle is grayed out / off. I toggled off Photos, Screenshots, Videos as well. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, I reread your message. Looks as if you are looking for a solution to remove these images from Lightroom. That is a good question. I think if you select them and then select remove from catalog they will go away but still be in your cloud library. I would get a 2nd confirmation on that before going ahead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I just ran into the same issue. Several thousand photos imported into LR. Did you find a way to delete these from LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines