• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspective Correction?

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I must be missing something, but I can't find info about it anywhere, and certainly not in the app itself.

I take a lot of architectural photography. In the desktop app, I use the manual lens correction all the time to remove converging vertical lines (similar to the upright tool in Lightroom CC).

Is this not available in the mobile version? Is there no 'skew' option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

No, it isn't.  Don't forget that the mobile version of any desktop app will be cut-down.  Generally, mobile devices don't have the power to perform complex operations.  There is a lens correction facility, but I have no idea how effective that is - I only use LRM for photos I've taken with my phone, and the lens correction tool seems to do nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it isn't.  Don't forget that the mobile version of any desktop app will be cut-down.  Generally, mobile devices don't have the power to perform complex operations.  There is a lens correction facility, but I have no idea how effective that is - I only use LRM for photos I've taken with my phone, and the lens correction tool seems to do nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really believe this to be a complex operation, since I can download other apps that specifically do exactly what I am looking for. It looks like my workflow will just have to include those apps as well. Perhaps adobe can add this feature in a later update.

Anyway, thanks for clearing up my suspicion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a very complex operation.  To demonstrate how complex, please explain the algorithmic requirements of performing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I was unclear, I'm not taking about the upright tool itself, which I can see is a very complex task. I'm just looking for a skew command where I can 'tilt' the image forward or backward to straighten the converging vertical lines (this task results in a trapazoid-shaped image that you would need to crop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would love this. This, and the ability to change camera profiles, would mean i never have to use LR desktop.

With the latest IOS devices being 64 bit i cant imagine that we wont get this feature before long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manual perspective correction is an affine transform (Affine transformation - Wikipedia) which requires no more computational effort than rotating or resizing an image.

More anecdotally, the Instagram app easily performs manual perspective corrections.

These adjustments are essential even to casual architecture photography, and are sorely missing from an otherwise spectacular app. +1 vote for this feature.

The automatic upright tool in Photoshop is a somewhat more complicated algorithm, which is perhaps why you are confused, but it is not the subject of the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Snapseed app can do both auto and various forms of manual corrections on both phones and tablets so it is not an issue of processing power but rather a desire to include this capability within the mobile LR app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines