• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 crashes when i open certain images.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i'm trying to download a free golden wallpaper from google, however when i try to open it in Photoshop it completely stops me by just crashing and i cannot find any crash logs regarding the issue, I'm running W10 with the latest drivers to my graphic card and as well as the latest windows updates and Photoshop updates.
However when i check the reliability monitor i have alot of issues stating "Hardware error"

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎2017-‎12-‎04 08:26

Status

Report sent

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffff9b8b3fe604a0

Parameter 2: fffff8018477f948

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 8d90

OS version: 10_0_15063

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 8192

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)

WATCHDOG-20171204-0826.dmp

sysdata.xml

WERInternalMetadata.xml

memory.csv

sysinfo.txt

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: BAD_DUMPFILE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Two things You not dealing with Adobe Support here.  This is a User Forun.  Second if you are having a Hardware issue Adobe does not manufacture hardware or write hardware device support.  Adobe application will make use of working Hardware.   If you are having Hardware or software problems with you Hardware.   Support would need to come from the Hardware Maker or Microsoft API support. Adobe uses you hardware via your OS services support like OpenGL and OpenCL etc.    Windows should not crash i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syphex1  wrote

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Windows stopped working......

Check  Windows Reliability History viewer to see if there is more details available about what hardware is failing

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I linked the issue to why it stopt working its in my thread.

Either its windows or a driver issue, but there should be some sort of solution that adobe should be aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two things You not dealing with Adobe Support here.  This is a User Forun.  Second if you are having a Hardware issue Adobe does not manufacture hardware or write hardware device support.  Adobe application will make use of working Hardware.   If you are having Hardware or software problems with you Hardware.   Support would need to come from the Hardware Maker or Microsoft API support. Adobe uses you hardware via your OS services support like OpenGL and OpenCL etc.    Windows should not crash if a application fails.  The message states Windows stopped working because of a problem with your hardware.   It could be a software or a hardware malfunction.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines