• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Action Saves Same File Name over and over

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never understood the "save as" conundrum with Photoshop actions, but have created many actions which somehow I've gotten to save with overriding the file name so that each file is saved separately, using the "File Naming" in the Batch menu. I now have an action where, no matter what I do, it keeps saving each file with an identical file name, overwriting again and again. "Save as" as a step is not an option, since the action records as "Save". What is the magic key to getting Photoshop to follow its own Batch instruction?

I've attached two screen shots: one shows the steps in the action; the other shows the steps in the Batch.

I've tried this without having "open" as part of the action, but since I'm opening PDFs, it the action then won't go beyond opening the PDF--it doesn't know what to do with that format apparently. I would add "import PDF as a distinct step but there is no menu item for that. Please help.

CanOpenerPSAction.pngCanOpenerPSBatchMenu.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

From the partial capture of your Action Palette you posted. I can not see which Action set the CanOpener_ImageAdjust Action you have captured is in.  The Batch dialog you captured shows you have a  CanOpener_ImageAdjust action in set "Special Actions" is that the  only Action set you have a  CanOpener_ImageAdjust action in?  The Action you show alway opens a PDF with the file name  CanOpener_12.PDF scaled it to fit a portrat area 5100x6600px. The file opened is in some folder on FredP_2 desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the partial capture of your Action Palette you posted. I can not see which Action set the CanOpener_ImageAdjust Action you have captured is in.  The Batch dialog you captured shows you have a  CanOpener_ImageAdjust action in set "Special Actions" is that the  only Action set you have a  CanOpener_ImageAdjust action in?  The Action you show alway opens a PDF with the file name  CanOpener_12.PDF scaled it to fit a portrat area 5100x6600px. The file opened is in some folder on FredP_2 desktop with a path name that starts with CanOP....  The Action go on the save that opened PDF in a folder on Fred_2 Desktop \PS... since no file name is recorder into the Save As step the File name would be the name of the document opened CanOpener_12.   The Action would always save CanOpener_12.PDF for that is the Document named that is always opened by the Action you posted.

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.

Contains

Example

Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it matters what action set I have this posted in. I simply pick this when I am doing the batch, and the issue is that it is saving each file it opens with the same file name over and over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Action you posted opens the same file every time you run it.   That action can not be batched.  It Processed the document it opens not the Documents the Batch Process opens. Those document would remain open in  Photoshop when the Action ends.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines