Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 - altering font-size, kerning, tracking etc on the fly

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all

Since I have updated to Photoshop CC 2018 (on mac) I have noticed I can't adjust font-size, line height, kerning, tracking or leading etc how I used to by selected the element and changing the value whilst it changed on screen as I was making the value  higher or lower. Now I have to enter the value in the properties box press enter and guess again at what the value I may want will be press enter and see if it is right. Is there still a way to do this how it used to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works OK on mine, (CC2018 for Mac) maybe you need to reset your Photoshop preferences which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion however I just tried that and it's still not working. It's a small feature but I find it annoying I now have to keep typing in a value and pressing enter rather than pressing up and down on the keys and seeing it change on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It drives me nuts and wastes so much of my time. Did you find a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bug in the current version. It was introduced when the fix for a text leading issue was released. Adobe developers are aware and working on a fix.  See comments and response from Adobe at the link below:

Photoshop CC 19.0.1: Text Size Scubby Slider and Up Down Arrow no longer gives live updates | Photos...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the useful response Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information on that. I updated the Windows version of CC and it was fine just the Mac version that had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines