• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove sign from post?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a picture of a lamp post which has a sign on the middle. The background of the lamp post is all sky.

I'm trying to remove the sign using "content aware fill" but it fills the sign place with sky. How do I remove the sign and fill the place with the post?

I'm a novice photoshop user.

The picture below is just a crop of my picture.

test.jpg

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Good oldf manula clone brushing and color corrections. Since there are streaky clouds in teh background, automated tools will not be much use. A simple straight lasso selection matching the contours of the columns and then filling in suitable bits from the pedestals and other regions would be a good start and then the same by inverting the selection and filling the sky. Just do it on a separate layer/ duplicate layer to have the freedom of color correcting it later.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good oldf manula clone brushing and color corrections. Since there are streaky clouds in teh background, automated tools will not be much use. A simple straight lasso selection matching the contours of the columns and then filling in suitable bits from the pedestals and other regions would be a good start and then the same by inverting the selection and filling the sky. Just do it on a separate layer/ duplicate layer to have the freedom of color correcting it later.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The picture below is just a crop of my picture.

You showed the relevant part of the image, that’s what counts.

As Mylenium posted it seems recommendable to treat sky and column separately.

columnRemoveSignScr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines