• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Set Leading" glitch update

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been an update that has fixed the biggest issues that I've seen with the set leading problems. For the most part the update brought the set leading tools stability and resolved issues plaguing this tool.

One significant note regarding the set leading, it might be minor for many or some but I find it to be a major hindrance on efficiency. Before the major update, I could quickly highlight my text / paragraph, then click into the set leading box and hit the down or up arrow keys and it would adjust in real time. Set leading no longer does this, as you have to press enter key in order for the leading change to take effect.

I would also point out that this has effected all other real time adjustment for character tools such as font size, kerning, tracking and baseline shift. (could be more but these are the major ones that effected me).

I'm sure many, just hover over the leading icon and adjust with their mouse but even then, the change doesn't effect until you release the left button of mouse and I also find its not as accurate this way.

I'm hoping there is a solution to be able to use set leading as it operated previously, its a headache and inefficient for myself as this is one of the tools I use daily and frequently, I'm very grateful for the adobe teams hard work at resolving glitches but this is a bit of thorn for me. I know its not major but a real headache in my workflow.

Please help, thanks in advance, cheers! !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

WooHooooo!

New update January 23 2018, resolves this issue, set leading and related glitches have been fixed. Kudos Adobe team!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might just revert to an older version of photoshop while adobe works out the bugs. Wondering if anyone  has found a solution before I take this action.

Efficiency is very important to me, its just easier to revert to older version of photoshop.

Cheers everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the issue and it is very frustrating. The leading goes haywire anytime it go in an adjust it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Team,

I beg of you. PLEASE fix this problem.

It has been killing me for months.

PLEASE.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One workaround is that you can download and use CC 2017 as part of your subscription until this is fixed and you do not have to uninstall CC 2018. That way you can use the font update capabilities in CC 2017.

Downgrade1.png

Downgrade2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this, a huge problem that I ran into when going back is the brush, material and action folders when nuts because when I updated to 2018, I had to redo my libraries and then going back, I had to do the same.

Its been such headache dealing with this. A real problem for efficiency. I didn't want to deal with the headache so I made this very stupid mistake of going back to cc2018 hoping I wouldnt have to do my libraries again... I was dead wrong.

I hate that I have to pick my poison in this case, either I get a hit on efficiency with the leading issues or take time of my day to redo my libraries by going back.

I just want this function to work before the update. It wasn't broken then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Come on adobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WooHooooo!

New update January 23 2018, resolves this issue, set leading and related glitches have been fixed. Kudos Adobe team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines