• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC doesn't recognize text

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I do I can not make DC to recognize text. I have tried several adjustments and every time it looks like DC is working with the file and recognizing the text but when it is done there is no text to snap. This is driving me crazy. Help anyone? This has never been a problem in earlier versions. And thanks Adobe for not letting me chat to you about this

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a bit more information. What exactly are you trying to do? Is this related to OCR? If so, OCR only works on images, so if you have text that is composed of vector graphic, OCR will not be able to recognize this text (this can happen when somebody converted the real text in the file to outlines). In this case, your best bet is to export your PDF file as e.g. a 600dpi TIFF image (or images), and then import these images into Acrobat to create a new PDF, and then OCR it. If this is not what you are having problems with, please be as specific as possible in your explanation of what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to excuse a dumb question but is it possible to import files into Acrobat? However, I tried to export a file to tiff and then reopen it in Acrobat. It asked me if it was a scanned picture right. Tried to recognize the text and same thing happened again. No text to snap??!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is possible to create a PDF file from image files - I do this all the time. Depending on how you set up Acrobat, it will either run OCR right away, or you can run it manually once the document is imported. You change the import settings by going to Acrobat's Preferences, then select the "Convert to PDF" category and select TIFF as the format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

However, this will not solve my problem? I run OCR but there is no text to be found regardless to the preferences you are referring to right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines