• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How not to break geometric shapes rules while drawing?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm new here. I'd like to get some help with drawing a very complex figure.

This figure contains a lot of lines, and most of these lines need to be parallel and/or on the same angle with each other. I'm asking this because the ground of this figure isn't straight, and I don't want it to look rubbish.

Is there a way to simultaneously draw a line and make it so that it's parallel to a previously drawn line? What tools should I use to make it easier for me to build geometrical shapes and figures for my animation background(s)?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Do you have a Creative Cloud subscription? Anything as complex as you describe should really be drawn in Illustrator and then imported into Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate still doesn't have this kind of feature out of the box, but you can try this third party ruler/stabilizer software: https://lazynezumi.com/

It works like a charm with Animate CC and you cant try it for free for 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply, it would be awesome if there was a free alternative for LazyNezumi (since I only need it for the parallel lines).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Creative Cloud subscription? Anything as complex as you describe should really be drawn in Illustrator and then imported into Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're right, Illustrator just seems perfect for this, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are ways to copy/paste in place lines and shift them using the arrow keys to maintain parallel-ness. There's also aligning options.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the software for free for 30 days. Isn't this time enough for you to finish your drawing?

if not, can you give us a example of the kind of art you need to do?

I sometimes have to do very complex drawings and most of them I do in Animate CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines