• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has started happening suddenly and with no change to any settings or root files.

When I go to > Save for Web and I scroll over anything that offers an information support box (the little yellow boxes) then this message comes up immediately and then doesn't disappear - making saving for the web impossible. I've tried redownloading and installing Adobe Photoshop CS6 (as this is - from the CS6 Master Collection) and still now joy. Any ideas of what I can do or even what the problem is?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 06.57.10.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Yes you can turn off the Tool Tips in Photoshop>Preferences>Interface, uncheck Show Tool Tips and then restart photoshop.

Must be a bug or glitch in macOS High Sierra.

tt.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences and photoshop tools on your mac..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your suggestion JJMack. Have just reset all tools, deleted all warning dialogs in the preferences and then deleted the setting files on loading PS and sadly that hasn't changed the annoying boxes!! Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When this problem started what changed  around that time you started having this problem?  Something must have changed. to consistently work a different way.  Its not a random occurrence thing.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've been racking my brains trying to think. I run a website and only use PS to reduce file sizes. So I went through my normal routine. The only think I can think of is that before it started I did do about 5-6 images rather than the normal 2-3 but I didn't change any settings, change any tools around, adjust new settings or preferences that I normally don't mettle with or anything else. I do see, and agree, with what you're saying but sadly cannot think of anything that I have done - something that is continually frustrating me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just tried a full uninstall of Photoshop, redownloaded the CS6 file and fully reloaded it and it's still happening!!! How frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can turn off the Tool Tips in Photoshop>Preferences>Interface, uncheck Show Tool Tips and then restart photoshop.

Must be a bug or glitch in macOS High Sierra.

tt.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. Thank you so much. Sadly doesn't solve the overall problem but I agree - may be a problem with OS HS. Never mind. I don't really need the tool tips often anyway so this does solve it for me.

Thanks for the help guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if applying the macOS 10.13.2 High Sierra update solves the Tool Tip issue.

It seems to have on this macbook pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great idea.

Sadly not but I think I'll look to see if future updates sort it out.

Thanks!

S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines