• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All menu elements and preferences are not displaying properly

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company switched me over to a Microsoft Surface Book and after a clean install of CC for some reason I can't get Photoshop to work properly. First the preference section, all the texts are not displaying, than I have noticed all the drop-down menu and rulers are also not displaying properly thus making it really difficult to navigate or use. I have tried troubleshooting as much a I can but not yielding any success. PLEASE HELP!

Surface Book Spec:

3000 x 2000 display (dock/replicator to run dual screen @ 1920x1080)

Intel i7 and 2 GB (Nvidia 965 dGPU)

Troubleshoot: (without success)

- Uninstalled and removed all preferences - Reinstall PS

- Installed legacy versions of PS

- Tried changing windows display resolution from 3000x2000 to 1920x1080

- Changed/adjusted PS UI scale from (AUTO, 100% & 200%)

Here is a screen shot of PS!

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

PLEASE HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say CC but you posted in the Creative Suites (CS6 and earlier) forum... what do you actually have... CS6 or earlier, or a Cloud subscription?

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers

Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I have updated the nVidia driver and restarted the system - same situation, the UI elements, menus and preferences are not displaying.

I have Creative Cloud subscription – please move this post to its respected forum

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a problem with a missing typeface, are you using something like Suitcase for font management?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri,

I do have Suitcase as my font management process – what typeface am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the names of the default typefaces, but have placed a question in one of the Backroom forums where 'Staff' hang out and hopefully someone there can find out.

For now try switching Suitcase off , reboot and see if it makes a difference. If your Suitcase is connected to a server then it's possible the problem resides there-is anyone else in the company experiencing the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you Steve – much appreciated!

Peter H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Seem some OS core fonts are missing or turn Off by Suitcase. Make sure you are running the latest version of Suitcase.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am suspecting this issue may stem from a bad install of Suitcase. I will reinstall suitcase and update suitcase to see if that will remedy the issue. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you go to Help> System Info... and copy/paste the results in a reply?

If you quit Ps, disconnect the second monitor, then relaunch Ps does anything change?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Disconnected the 2nd monitor and relaunched the program and made no changes in Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines