• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke scaling symbols

Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to animate this 'heart puff' symbol so that it moves upwards and enlarges before fading the alpha (as if drifting off)...

However, I want to retain the 5px stroke width whether at this or the larger size. Can do I do this with the same symbol or is there a workaround?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 11.47.03.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

It works here.

Just be aware that scaled symbols can give us the illusion that the lines are bigger even though they aren't.

Take a look a these screenshots and at the demo in the link.

Small symbols. Start of the animation.

scale_stroke_01.png

Big symbols. End of the animation.

scale_stroke_02.png

FLA/SWF download: Here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose the actual stroke inside of your symbol and set Scale to None on the Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work. I was unable to tween a symbol while keeping the scale at 5p. In each case it increased along with the graphic.

In the end I had to break it, then create a larger one and use a Shape Tween. Instead of using Alpha to fade it out, I changed the colour to white (the same colour as the background).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works here.

Just be aware that scaled symbols can give us the illusion that the lines are bigger even though they aren't.

Take a look a these screenshots and at the demo in the link.

Small symbols. Start of the animation.

scale_stroke_01.png

Big symbols. End of the animation.

scale_stroke_02.png

FLA/SWF download: Here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't get the stroke scale option with an outline that was done with the Brush Tool or if lines had been converted to fills. It should work if the outline was made with the Pencil Tool, Paint Brush Tool, or if you had use the Ink Bottle Tool to give a shape an outline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines