• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Flash Player enabled, or disabled? (Windows 10 w/Edge)

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(moderator: added os and browser to title)

I am using Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.  My Internet connection is slow and so I was doing the trouble shooting that my Network provider recommended.  First they said to see if you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.  I went to Adobe's website to check to see if I have the latest version.  First it wanted to "Test Flash Player".  When I ran the test it said Flash Player was disabled.  I went thru the routine to enable it, but it was already enabled!  My first question is Flash Player enabled, or not?  That was as far as I could go to determine if I had the latest version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Microsoft, like most other major browser vendors, disables Flash by default and force users to enable it, and in Edge's case, on a per site basis (there is no 'allow always, for all sites' option).  So while it may appear that Flash is enabled, it may be disabled for a particular site you've visited before, unless you've explicitly opted to 'always allow' for that site.  See Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge and Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog for assistance/more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines