• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why transparent?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2008 Dec 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to create my first Quiz-Question (Fill-in-the-blank).
What's confusing me, is that in preview, all my text entry boxes and text fields (even images) are barely visible.
They are transparent, though transparency option is 0% everywhere.

What's wrong?
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2008 Dec 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too little information provided.

What steps have you taken to troubleshoot this yourself?

What is the "transparency" to which you refer -- to my knowledge there is no transparency option on Questions slides, so that can't be it(?). Or maybe I've misunderstood and you are not talking about the Question slide at all? Is that just a throw away remark to explain what you are working on in general? With that assumption in mind, I'll address issues other than the Question Slides themselves, as in ...

What do you mean by "everywhere" when you say the
quote:

... transparency option is 0% everywhere.

What are you previewing when these objects seem to be barely visible? That is, are you previewing the whole project {F4}, or the next-five-slides {F10}, or just a single slide {F3} or what?

What is a text-field and what does it do - do you mean a text-caption? You already mentioned text entry boxes (TEBs) as a separate item, so I doubt that is what you mean, but I'm at a loss to understand what object you are referring to with the term "text field".

Sorry that I have only questions and no answers just yet. Your problem was a little vague on specifics. Thanks for more information ... and again, I apologize for my inability to determine what you are seeing ... probably my scrambled brain is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2008 Dec 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occurs to me that any object may appear to be transparent if it has it's transition effects set to "Fade Out", and a click-box or button (TEB) "freezes" the slide during that fade-out transition. Is it possible this could be your problem? Check the object's properties dialog (tab labeled "Options") to see if you can change the object transition to "Fade-in Only", or no transition at all.

Note that images, text captions, etc. have the Transition effect, as does text-entry-boxes. Click-boxes and buttons have no such transition, but they may be the cause of the problem of other items appearing transparent due to their pausing of the slide during the transition period of other objects. Clear? Hope so. Let me know if more is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2008 Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is a bit different. When I F4 to preview, there is only blank scree but the audio is playing. However, when I F12, video and audio are all showing. Any suggestions please?

Much appreciated...

Roland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2008 Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Roland

This has been a frequently asked question since Flash Player 10 was deployed. Things should work fine after you publish (even on Flash 10).

There was a recent thread where one of the Captivate team replied. Can't find it at the moment. If I do, I'll return and post a link to it for further explanation.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2008 Dec 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rick, I noticed that this "blank screen issue" applies only to full motion recording. Any thoughts?

Roland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2008 Dec 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Roland

I finally located the thread. It is linked below:

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick! Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources