• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects warning: A plugin is attempting to do an invalid operation: modifying a locked project

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone els experienced this error? every time i open AE cc2015.3 this error comes up and seams to make element3d to forget the original location of my elements.

More details:

taking over a titles sequence to change shots, so the animation is already done. But when i open the project this error comes up "After Effects warning: A plugin is attempting to do an invalid operation: modifying a locked project"

and the elements from element3d arent in the original position. i know this from checking the old titles seaquake provided by the producer.

my only theory is that CC2015.3 is corrupting element3d v2. I've tried to install the new element3d patch but that still does not fix the problem.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advanced Daniel

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a new AE project file.  IMPORT the old project file into the new one. Save it.  Quit AE.  Restart your machine.  Open the new AE project file.  It may sound weird, but you should be good to go.

In addition, you could wave a dead chicken over your head in the light of the full moon.  But I don't think it would help.

It could also be an incompatible Element 3D version, but we don't know that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Error resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to AE so I'm not sure how to do this can u explain please thanks Talisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What part are you having a problem with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.I did same way. After restart PC still not working

The file was worked on AE CS6. But I removed cs6 It's CC2015.0 now.The plugin is Trapcode-Form (But I am not sure how many plugs in this file.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good one, Thanks Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the interest of solving the problem, I have had this issue with many more plugins than just Element.

Adobe, can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right-click After Effects and "Run as administrator" and that fixed the problem for me.

When you open your project it should work without errors.

I'm using AE 2019 ver 16.1.3 (Build 5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines