• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Acrobat Pro "double launch"

Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone on a Mac (Sierra 10.12.6) noticed Adobe Acrobat Pro launching twice – and then refusing to open PDFs?Two Acrobats running?-A.pngTwo Acrobats running?_B.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello si-boneGFX

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, the process of Acrobat is running two times and you are not able to open any PDF file, Is that correct?

Please open the Activity monitor and close all Adobe related process. Then restart the machine and check if this brings any difference.

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat Pro from Help Menu>Check for updates.

You may also reset the preferences of Adobe Acrobat Pro, to reset the preferences, please refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anand.

I did what you suggested and I'll report back IF I see Acrobat doing its "two-shows-for-the-price-of-one trick" again.

I have to ask, and I hope you can explain this:

I am a Creative Cloud subscriber and the desktop app tells me what needs updating. Strangely enough, even when Acrobat Pro (Help Menu>Check for updates) tells me that there IS an update for Acrobat, the ACC desktop app says NO update is available.

makes no sense.png

Regardless, If I do proceed with the Acrobat updater (from Acrobat itself), after a few seconds into the download, I invariably see an "Error:1109" message and no update is downloaded. I have to go to the Adobe site itself and download the updater package via a web browser.

1109? again, it makes no sense.jpg

This is not happening in one Mac but three separate machines, same behavior.

What's going on?

Thank you in advance.

A.C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello A.C.

I have sent you a private message with more descriptive troubleshooting steps as you mentioned you are a subscriber of Creative Cloud, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Anand. Thank you for your email. What you described there were basic "cleanup" steps and the things I did before I originally posted on this forum and after I had basically no serious answer or guidance from Adobe for the longest time.

The information I've already provided plus the fact that I've seen the same issue in -by now- two other systems, and that I am not the only one with the problem, should be enough to trigger Adobe to do a more thorough investigation.

FYI: The double app problem persists and it is intermittent; also, updating Acrobat from the Acrobat Updater engine will always generate an "error 1109" (one you have yet to explain).

Concerning the double apps, the "good news" is that by now I can tell the symptoms and have learned how to go around the issue. This is like saying "the boat is leaking water but I have a bucket, no problem."

For the updates (since the Adobe CC Desktop app does not work with Acrobat), the only solution is to download the update from the Adobe site's Acrobat pages.

If you have additional suggestions that go well beyond resetting prefs and restarting the Mac (seriously?), please send them my way.

Thank you.

A.C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines