Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Raw files in Lightroom

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Friend has CC2015 Photoshop and Lightroom, he couldnt view Raw files so I installed the v10 Raw file plugin from the Adobe site, now they open in Photoshop ok but if I right click on the file and open with Lightroom it says something like it cant open or view this file

But, if we go to import the pictures from the camera into Lightroom then we can view the actual pictures

Is this normal behaviour ?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Yes.

Lightroom is not a file browser and the first step necessary to work with Lightroom for viewing and editing image files with Lightroom is to import/ reference the files in the Catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.

Lightroom is not a file browser and the first step necessary to work with Lightroom for viewing and editing image files with Lightroom is to import/ reference the files in the Catalog file.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines