• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate lrcat for LR CC

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to migrate my Lightroom CC Classic album into new Lightroom CC, but update fails because of space.

In my workflow I have locally on my MacBook pictures that have recently been imported (only 500GB drive).

When i "dock" at home pictures are transfer to my raid.

My problem now is that Lightroom CC complains that it can't update my catalog because it needs XX terra byte of space (which obvious a MacBook can't handle).

I can see that some of my albums are sync into Lightroom CC from classic, maybe i should structure my albums better?

Can i create a new album in Lightroom CC for pictures that are imported to my mac, which are are synced with CC cloud and later moved to my "cold" storage and deleted from CC cloud?

Maybe i just should stick with lightroom CC classic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

odinr71255757  wrote

i have one more question:

• can i import the images on my laptop using LRCC (sync to CC to save space and backup before i dock), then sync CC album in LRCCC to my external drive when i dock?

If I'm understanding you correctly, yes. You just wouldn't open Classic (or you'd open it but pause sync) until you were docked. You need fast internet of course, but it sounds like you've got that bit sussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Lightroom CC​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After viewing tons of videos and forums, i think I'm trying to use the LRCC wrong, so maybe i should describe what i want to achieve.

I would like to import the images to LRCC and use CC storage, then when the project is over I want to move those files in LRCCC to my local storage (keep the LR rating, virtual copies, ex and coupling with PSD) and free up space in CC for my next project.

Thinking of buying an iPad pro to have on the go with LRCC and import images, sync to cloud, mockup editing, rating and flagging of pictures, then later open the images in LRCCC to edit in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the way it's designed to work, but it's possible. The trick is to turn on Sync in LR Classic, let them sync down to Classic and then remove the photos from the All Synced Photos collection in Classic to remove them from the cloud. The main thing to be aware of is that Classic is a hoarder, so once it's synced files down from the cloud, even if you delete them from LRCC, they'd still be in Classic - but only after they've safely downloaded to Classic. And since Classic is kind of a distant cousin, it doesn't sync some stuff like keywords or stacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that makes sense.

• can i import the images on my laptop using LRCC (sync to CC to save space and backup before i dock), then sync CC album in LRCCC to my external drive when i dock?

I used to have 2 workstations and a laptop, but trying to merge/sync lrcat between the 3 machines was a nightmare, so now i only have one dedicated MacBook, 6TB external drive (thunderbolt, raid 1), and a 30TB NAS (which syncs offsite at night).

I only use lightroom for 3 things:

1. import raw files, rate and flag. "auto" enhance and quick adjustments to draft what the final image might look like (default shooting setting is -0.7EV and flat profile)
  2. after PS I use LR with virtual copies to crop and maybe curves if exporting for print.
  3. Hoarding, catalog for all images and sync to SOME.

I would love and might in the future go all cloud, but atm with the size of my library and the pricing point of CC, it does not make any sense at all, but 100GB is enough for a couple of shoots before docking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

odinr71255757  wrote

If I'm understanding you correctly, yes. You just wouldn't open Classic (or you'd open it but pause sync) until you were docked. You need fast internet of course, but it sounds like you've got that bit sussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines