• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Can't Edit/delete Spot color swatch

New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i set a spot color in swatches, now i can't edit or delete this swatch !

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the swatch is part of an image, most likely a spot colour, like an illustrator or photoshop file, you won't be able to delete it from InDesign.

You will need to find the image and open it in the appropriate programme and convert that colour to cmyk.

OR in InDesign you can go to the Swatches Panel sub menu (top right) and go to ink manager and select "convert all spots to cmyk" - if your document isn't supposed to have spot colours.

And if none of this works, and you have a file that's slightly broken, which does happen, http://indesignsecrets.com/color-swatches-that-wont-delete.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had an Illustrator linked with the same pantones, so it didn't let deleting them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also set the swatch itself to process, which produces a better conversion than Ink Manager when the color is being spec'd as a tint. You still won't be able delete the color, but it will export or print as a process color.

Re: Ink Manager Bug/Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For help in finding the object that is using the Swatch, open Separations Preview from Window > Output. Change View to Separations. Hide all except the offending Pantone ink. Then see what remains visible in your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use a preflight rule, which will return a list of page items and even find hidden instances. Like this where the placed spot color is transparent and not visible:

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 11.48.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 11.48.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG this last thing Preflight Profiles saved my day! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines