• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player having an overlay when loaded in inactive tab on Firefox

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since flash player 26 this started happening to me. If I open a flash game in a new tab to let it load while I continue browsing, when I go to the tab it has a (usually) white "overlay" over the flash content. It's easily dispelled when I open the settings but it's growing annoying. It only happens on Firefox. Only with flash content, and only when loaded in an inactive tab. I've never had this issue before flash 26. Been hoping it will fix itself. But despite major updates in both flash and Firefox the problem persists.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Firefox version
  • Flash Player version
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Operating system version: windows 10
  • Firefox version: 57.0.1 (64-bit)
  • Flash Player version: 27,0,0,187 (but it started when Flash hit version 26)
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem: News | OhMyDoll : The game of virtual dollz - fashion game - dressing and seduction, styilst game !   If you open the top dollz as new tabs and just let them load fully when you go to check them out it should have the bug. Don't switch to them till they are fully loaded. It's a vary flash heavy site so it displays a lot there but any flash game can display this bug as well.

EDIT: A game I was loading today had an image as a background and I could see that between the strips of flash that appeared so it's not an overlay but the background that shows through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this has something to do with areas of the screen not getting redrawn.  If I move my mouse through the affected area, then it gets redrawn as the mouse cursor is drawn and removed...

I'll get a bug opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for looking in to it! I hope it gets resolved soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines