• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ctrl+"button" does nothing

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I bought a new laptop and I also downloaded Photoshop, but for some reason every  function that includes the "ctrl" +"button" does not work ...
I try to cut, paste, rotate but nothing happens ... I tried to reset the settings, I tried to re-download the program and still the problem exists, it is also important to note that in other programs everything works smooth

tnx for you help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

I've been thinking some more about this, and my suspicion that language/region is at the heart of it grows.

It has to be, because most regulars here claim they have never seen it. I suspect most of them have English application, OS and keyboard. No conflicting languages.

But I have noticed this annoying little thing pop up for years. Eight or ten Photoshop versions back (at least), five or six different machines in different environments, with different OS'es from Vista to 10. The only thing I can

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this Windows or Mac?  It sounds like Photoshop CC but can you confirm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using windows 10 , photoshop cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omers26077512  wrote

every  function that includes the "ctrl" +"button" does not work ... I try to cut, paste, rotate but nothing happens

I hate when users make blankets statment like ever function that includes "Ctrl+button" does not work.

It would be much better if you identify what you doing  that is not workin.  Any button in any dialog  in any device like a pen a mouse  a keyboard  it hard to believe none work.  You instalation must be  a mess.

Please read the forum guidelines.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok sry for the lake of details !

the adobe version is this one:

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-05 at 00.05.23.jpeg

for the decription of my problem:

i , for example try to write a text and then copy and paste it somewhere else

like in the picture below

Untitled.jpg

i click on ctrl+ c

and then somewhere else on ctrl+v

but nothing happend...

i try this proccess also with ctrl +x

but the still nothing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+C can copy Image or Text to the clipboard.   In Text Edit node it will copy selected text to the clipboard.  if you target a layer it will copy the content or the selected portion of the layer to the clipboard.  You can also duplicate a text layer using Ctrl+J.

Your screen capture shows that you are in the text tools text edit mode with all text selected so Ctrl+C will copy Text into your Widows clipboard. If you copy text to the clipboard not an Image you need to be in text input mode before you can use Ctrl+V to paste in text. So you need to use the text tool and click on a layer like the background layer to put the text tool into text input mode before you use Ctrl+V.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP knows all that - he's just saying it doesn't work.

To be perfectly honest I have seen this too occasionally, ever since, oh, CS5 or so, and on at least five different machines with different OS versions. What I do is hit ctrl+alt+shift+K. This shortcut, for some reason, always seems to work, and then everything's back in operation.

It's erratic and I have no explanation for it. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Maybe it's language/region settings. I have English Photoshop and English OS - but Norwegian keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If their's is not working it may be their Preferences are corrupt or the Keyboard support.  I showed CC 2018 on Windows 10 like they have I have never seen that problem with my US keyboard.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the keyboard is my laptop's keyboard

i dont think that the promblem is with the keyboard....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also i have tried to enter from other computer via team viewer and use external keyboard and the problem still occure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been thinking some more about this, and my suspicion that language/region is at the heart of it grows.

It has to be, because most regulars here claim they have never seen it. I suspect most of them have English application, OS and keyboard. No conflicting languages.

But I have noticed this annoying little thing pop up for years. Eight or ten Photoshop versions back (at least), five or six different machines in different environments, with different OS'es from Vista to 10. The only thing I can think of that they all have in common, is English Photoshop, English OS - but Norwegian keyboard layout and input. Keyboard input language is a separate variable in Windows, independent from main language.

Once in a blue moon the keyboard setting switches by itself from Norwegian to English. Then the Photoshop shortcuts go completely crazy, so I notice right away. In that case they still work, but zoom in suddenly becomes zoom out, and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines