• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How are my iCloud photos getting into my LR storage?

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally baffled. I know there is a setting somewhere but I can't find it.

My online LR storage, as well as my LR Mobile, has 2191 photos in it that are stored in iCloud and/or Photostream, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how they are getting there. They have capture dates as recent as a week ago and as far back as more than 10 years. It is NOT my whole iCloud photo library, and it is not the LR catalog that I use in LR Classic.  THAT has over 35,000 photos in it.

It's driving me nuts. I have an iPhone, iPad, two iMacs and a MacBook that access the iCloud accout. But they do NOT all have LR installed.       

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

In LrMobile, is there any collection which is set to Auto Add? This would import anything added to Camera Roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrMobile, is there any collection which is set to Auto Add? This would import anything added to Camera Roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Thank you. That was it. So I turned that off in Settings and then did a delete all in the LR catalog.

Now I just have to figure out how to control the flow of what gets in there.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might enable it again, and only new photos in Camera Roll will be imported. That's easier than the alternative of importing just those you want.

Remember too that the photos imported from Camera Roll are copies, so you can just import them and delete those you don't want when they arrive in Lr "Classic".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest to have a closer look on the behavior of the auto-Import Folder.

I also turned the Import off in this Folder, but it kept importing until I deleted it completely.

May be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines